Thursday, March 22, 2012


Using the included hardware, I installed a pair of Allen Roth 8X10 wall shelves (sold as a set at Lowes $17) and added decorative brackets (Lowes $3each) for extra support as well as looks. The wood trim is sold as a single unfinished piece at Lowes for just under $10. I painted, cut and attached it to the shelves with liquid nails (this adhesive must be clamped while drying). Although both shelves are capable of supporting the weight of an average cat, one shelf was just slightly less sturdy, so I placed the wood trim along the back of that shelf. The cat could certainly still step over it, of course. I trimmed the outer edge of the other shelf and glued a piece of inexpensive outdoor mat to the top for better traction should the cat decide to perch on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment